This post main contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through one of those links, I receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Air Fryer Chicken Thighs come out oh-so crispy, super tender, and juicy. Make them a meal by adding them to a salad, on top of risotto, pasta, and more.
Can you put raw chicken in an air fryer?
You can and should! I think a lot of us are so used to using the Air Fryer to reheat foods or make frozen foods like chicken nuggets, that it's easy to forget how absolutely wonderful it is for making whole foods from fresh ingredients.
How long does it take to cook chicken thighs in an air fryer?
There are several factors when determining the ideal time for air frying chicken:
- Cut of Chicken: Chicken thighs, wings, or breast?
- Bone Status: Bone in or Boneless?
- Size: Did the meat come from a small free range chicken, or a mega chickenzilla?
- Type of Air Fryer: Each Air Fryer is a little different. The times I've shared are for my 5 Qt PowerXL Air Fryer. I also tested them in my Dash 2Quart and the times were accurate within 1 minute.
At what temperature do you air fry chicken thighs?
400 F is the best temperature for chicken thighs in air fryer - it's hot enough to crisp the skin, but not so hot that the skin burns before the internal meat is cooked through.
I encourage you to play around with this air fryer chicken thigh recipe's seasonings. I almost always use brown sugar because I like the crisp it gives the thighs, but a hearty addition of your favorite herb mix (I like thyme, oregano, rosemary) adds a gourmet touch. Alternatively, you could rub them in some homemade taco seasoning to use these thighs in burrito bowls
If you like this crispy Air Fryer Chicken Thigh recipe, you might also like:
Air Fryer Chicken Thighs
- 3 bone-in chicken thighs
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Preheat air fryer for 5 minutes at 400 F.
- Combine the seasonings and rub over all sides of each chicken thigh.
- Spray the inside of the air fryer with oil. Place chicken thighs skin side down on the grate. Cook for 15 minutes. Flip so that they are now meat side down and cook for another 5 minutes. Very large thighs may need to be cooked for up to 10 minutes after flipping instead of 5 minutes.
- Let the thighs rest for 10 minutes before serving. Their internal temperature will continue to rise at during this time. Chicken thighs are ready when they are 165 F internally.