Ever had Chipotle's Cilantro Lime Rice and wished you could make it at home? Now you can! But sorry - guac is still extra.
how to make cilantro lime rice
If you can make regular rice, you can easily make this cilantro lime rice recipe. Simply make white rice, then add cilantro, lime, and salt to it.
What goes with cilantro lime rice?
Lots of things! Some of my favorites include:
Variations on this cilantro lime rice recipe:
This recipe can easily be altered so that you simply add all of the flavored ingredients into cooked rice, and from there, you can start with any base you want.
- Cauliflower Cilantro Lime Rice - make everything the same way, just start with cooked cauliflower rice instead of cooking white rice
- Cilantro Lime Brown Rice - same as above - start with cooked brown rice instead of white rice
- Parsley Lemon Rice - this is so good and goes with almost ANYTHING! Substitute the cilantro and lime for parsley and lemon.
Cilantro Lime Rice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil or butter
- 1 cup basmati long grain white rice
- 1 ½ cups water
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 2 tablespoons Lime Juice
- ¾ cup Lightly Packed Chopped Cilantro
- 1 tablespoon Lime Zest optional
- Add the rice, oil, water, salt, and garlic powder to the pot and bring it to a boil. Once the water comes to a vigorous boil, cover with a tightly fitting lid. DO NOT TOUCH, MOVE, OR FUSS WITH THE LID. This also means NO LIFTING THE LID TO PEAK ON THE RICE. ( See Note )
- Cook the rice with the lid on for 12 minutes. After 12 minutes, remove the covered pot from the heat and let it rest, covered, for another 5 minutes.
- Remove the lid and fluff with a fork. Gently stir in the remaining ingredients ( lime juice, cilantro, lime zest.) If you overstir, your rice will become gummy, so do this carefully.