If you've never indulged in Air Fryer Fried Pickles, here's your sign. I've taken this County Fair fan-favorite and paired it down into a SUPER SIMPLE recipe that yields a crispy, salty, crunchy fried pickle that tastes just like the ones at Texas Roadhouse.
Oh and did I mention they are vegan? That's right - you make these vegan air fryer pickles without egg and without milk. Accidentally vegan recipes are the BEST.
how to make fried pickles in the air fryer (without breadcrumbs!)
- drain the juice from the pickle slices, but do NOT pat them dry - you need some of the moisture on the slices to keep the flour on
- shake the slices together with the seasoned flour
- Air Fry at 400 F until crispy!
Tips and Tricks:
For the most perfect crunchy, crispy pickles in the air fryer:
- shake off any excess flour before putting them into the air fryer
- make sure to lay them in a single layer, with no overlapping
- do not let any of the sides of the slices touch each other
- spray the slices heavily with oil before cooking
- work in batches
What's a good fried pickle dipping sauce?
- Homemade Blue Cheese Dressing
Other Air Fryer Appetizers you might like:
Air Fryer Pickles
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 Tablespoon Cajun Seasoning
- 1 Tablespoon Garlic Powder
- ½ teaspoon Cayenne Pepper Ground Red Pepper
- 2 cups Pickle slices drained Hamburger Slices work best
- Olive Oil Spray
- Put all of the ingredients except for the pickles in a large baggie and shake to make sure they are thoroughly combined.
- Add all of the drained hamburger sliced pickles to the bag and shake to coat them on all sides.The pickles should be drained of their juice but NOT patted dry. The juice helps the breading stick.
- Place the pickles in a single layer in the air fryer, coat thoroughly with olive oil spray, and air fry at 400 F for 5 minutes. Flip, spray with olive oil again, then cook for an additional 4 minutes.