Last Updated on
Long before millennials were wasting avocados on avocado toast, we were depleting the world supply by making guacamole. Years of trial and error have resulted in the final ultimate discovery: The Best Guacamole Recipe Ever.
That's right: it's not just good. It's not just great. It is the best guacamole recipe of all time.
But as usual, let's start with the basics, shall we?
What is guacamole made of?
There are many different variations, but this guacamole recipe has:
- Red Onion
How to store guacamole?
First, make sure your guacamole has lime juice in it ( don't worry, this recipe does! ). Then, store it in a mason jar. Even though you won't be canning the guacamole, the seal on the mason jar does a great job of keeping out guacamole's natural enemy: Air. Combined with the onion in this recipe, you can expect this guac to last at least two days, unopened, without browning in the fridge.
What can you eat guacamole with besides chips?
Sliced carrots, sliced cucumber, grilled zucchini slices, or serve it on top of grilled chicken, baked sweet potato, or a hamburger.
If you like this guacamole recipe, you might also love these other recipes:
- Elotes ( Mexican Street Corn )
- Instant Pot Black Beans
- Slow Cooker Carnitas ( or Instant Pot Carnitas )
- Coconut Pineapple Margaritas
The Best Guacamole Recipe
- 2 large Hass Avocados
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Lime Juice
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Cilantro chopped
- 1/2 pepper Jalapeno seeds removed, diced
- 1/4 cup red onion ( about 1/2 small red onion ) chopped
- 1/2 cup tomato ( about 1 small tomato ) chopped
- 1/2 Tablespoon salt
- Cut each avocado in half and scoop the flesh out into a bowl. Add all other ingredients to the bowl and mash together with a fork until combined.