A super flavorful and fresh cilantro lime chicken breast recipe and marinade, including directions for grilling boneless chicken breasts.
Do you need to marinate grilled chicken breasts?
The first step to making a great grilled piece of chicken breast, is a great marinade. Marinating the meat before grilling it, particularly when the meat is super lean like boneless, skinless chicken breast, helps keep it moist and tender during the cooking process.
In particular, I love this cilantro lime chicken marinade for grilling because the flavors are bright and fresh, which creates a great contrast for the charred flavor from the grill.
what to serve with cilantro lime chicken breasts
This is the PERFECT grilled meat to serve over a fresh salad, but it's also wonderful in a rice bowl, burrito, quesadilla, with black beans, and on nachos. I use it in meal prep to make any and all of these things, depending on my mood that week.
Grilled cilantro lime chicken is also a great boneless skinless chicken breast meal prep recipe - it keeps really well and is just as good chilled as it is hot from the oven!
If you like this recipe, you might also like these other healthy chicken breast recipes:
- Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- Lemon Olive Chicken Breasts
- Chicken Thighs with White Beans and Spinach
Grilled Cilantro Lime Chicken
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts about 1.25 lbs
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup lime juice freshly squeezed
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- ¼ cup roughly chopped cilantro loosely packed
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon sugar optional
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- Pound the chicken breasts to about ½" thickness. Combine all ingredients in a glass bowl or bag and marinate covered in the fridge for at least 1 hour and up to overnight.
- Preheat the grill to medium high heat - about 400°F.
- Place the chicken breasts on the grill, cover the grill, and cook for 4 minutes without touching them. Open the grill and flip the chicken breasts, close/cover the grill and cook for another 4 minutes. Chicken is cooked when it is 165°F internally.
Please share your thoughts on this recipe!