This week I've got another easy boneless, skinless chicken breast recipe for you that is packed full of bright lemon flavor, plus green beans cooked right in the same pan.
I have a love/hate relationship with one pan dinners. On the one hand, I love the easy cleanup, but on the other, they tend to have a really one dimensional flavor - like everything was, uh, cooked together.
Because, well, it was.
So I've been working on a few one skillet dinners that have layers of flavor AND texture recently, and this is my first! I hope you love it as much as my family did.
I use a few different of my favorite cooking methods here to make the chicken perfectly juicy and flavorful, and to get just the right texture in the green beans.
how do I make juicy chicken breasts?
I put them in the pan, and then DON'T TOUCH THEM until I'm ready to flip. Once they get a nice brown on one side and have cooked through half way, I flip them, and once again, I don't touch them again until they are done.
For small chicken breasts, this means about 3 - 4 minutes per side. For larger ones, it's more like 6 - 7 minutes. Chicken is great though because you can see as it cooks up the side of the breast: the chicken goes from pink and a little translucent to an opaque white. Just flip it once it's half way up!
Looking for other easy boneless skinless chicken breast dinner recipes?
- Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breast
- Chicken Breast with Creamy Rosemary Sauce
- Simple One Pan Tuscan Chicken
Lemon Garlic Chicken Skillet
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts pounded out to even thickness and cut in half to make four pieces of chicken.
- 1 Tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 Tablespoons fresh garlic minced
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 6 ounces whole green beans frozen
- 2 Tablespoons chopped Fresh Parsley
- In a large skillet set over medium high heat, add the butter.Season both sides of the chicken breasts with garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Once the butter has melted, add the seasoned chicken to the pan. Cook, without flipping or moving the chicken around in the pan, for 4 minutes.
- After the 4 minutes are up, drizzle half of the lemon juice over the chicken breasts, stir the fresh garlic and parsley into the butter in the pan around the chicken, then flip the chicken and drizzle the rest of the lemon juice over the it.
- Add the frozen green beans to the pan, nestled around the chicken pieces but not on top of them, and place a lid on the pan. Cook for 6 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and reads 165°F on a meat thermometer.