Last Updated on
Coming at y'all this week with another easy weeknight chicken breast recipe: Creamy Tuscan Chicken -- boneless, skinless chicken breasts smothered in a rich, creamy spinach and sun dried tomato sauce that's been thickened and flavored with parmesan to keep this a low carb / keto dinner recipe everyone in the family can enjoy.
Truth be told, I'm not even a HUGE fan of sun dried tomatoes. Something about the texture just doesn't do it for me.
But when cooked in this creamy chicken sauce, they soften up even more and become quite delightful, even for someone like me who usually doesn't love them, which is why I'm recommending this creamy sun dried tomato chicken to everyone I know.
But do you know what I always DO love? PASTA. So yes, this is easily a keto chicken dinner if you serve it with some veggies, but I love to turn it into a Tuscan chicken pasta by serving it over fettuccine.
And like my Creamy Rosemary Chicken, this is another one that's great over zoodles or cauliflower rice too. It's all about whatever floats your boat.
How to Make Tuscan Chicken
This is an overview for you before diving into the recipe. Be sure to check out the recipe below for the full instructions!
- Gather all ingredients so that they are at the ready
- Season the chicken
- Add oil to a hot pan, cook the chicken on both sides, then set it aside to keep warm
- Add the remaining ingredients to the pan, with the exception of the spinach and parmesan, stirring and simmering to combine and reduce.
- Add the spinach and simmer until it wilts
- Stir in the parmesan to thicken and flavor the sauce
- Return the chicken to the pan and simmer it in the sauce until it is cooked through
Try these other Quick Chicken Recipes:
Creamy Tuscan Chicken
- 4 chicken breast cutlets
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cup cream
- 1/2 cup broth
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 7 ounces sun-dried tomatoes in oil oil drained off
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup parmesan
- Season chicken cutlets with salt and pepper.
- Add the olive oil to a large pan over medium high heat. Add the chicken and flip after 3 minutes. Cook for another 3 minutes, then remove the chicken from the heat and set aside to keep warm.
- Add the cream, broth, garlic, and sun dried tomatoes to the pan and stir to combine, breaking up any bits that are stuck to the bottom of the pan from cooking the chicken
- Add the spinach and let simmer in the sauce until wilted, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the parmesan.
- Add the chicken back to the pan with the sauce, and cover with sauce. Simmer for 3 - 5 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.