Last Updated on
Your go-to creamy chicken recipe for Fall is here: Chicken Breasts with Creamy Rosemary Sauce. It’s easy, comes together quickly, and makes enough deliciously creamy sauce for chicken that can be used over pasta, rice, or veggies for a full meal.
Leave out any carby side dishes and this Creamy Rosemary Chicken is the perfect keto chicken recipe! It’s particularly good over cauliflower rice or zoodles.
I don’t know about you, but I LOVE creamy sauces for chicken, particularly as the temperature starts dropping and the weather makes you crave comfort food.
Given that I always have a surplus of rosemary in my yard, because for some reason it refuses to die like all of my other plant victims, it seemed way overdue that I start including some recipes to use up the herb here on the blog ( hint hint, more recipes that use rosemary to come! )
Bonus: this rosemary sauce recipe is an easy cream sauce for chicken that anyone can make. When I was first learning how to cook, recipes like this were so much fun! This creamy sauce is a great base that you should feel free to play around with – add different herbs or garlic, onions, etc.
Plus, it’s simple enough to make on a weeknight, no matter your skill level.
Don’t just use this for those busy weeknight dinners though – this chicken with creamy rosemary sauce is a wonderful dinner to share with company.
Your guests will be begging for the recipe!
Don’t forget, more easy creamy chicken recipes will be up on the blog soon, but in the meantime here are some
Other Easy Chicken Breast Recipes:
Chicken with Creamy Rosemary Sauce
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts 2 large chicken breasts OR 4 cutlets
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 cup heavy cream aka heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper ground
- 2 Tablespoons fresh Rosemary chopped
To Make the Chicken
- If you have two large chicken breasts, slice each one in in half horizontally in order to make four cutlets total.
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, add the olive oil. Let the olive oil heat up, then add the chicken to the pan.
- Cook the chicken for four minutes without moving it around in the pan. Then flip each piece and cook it for another four minutes. Set aside on a clean plate.
To Make the Creamy Rosemary Sauce
- In the same pan, add all remaining ingredients (butter, cream, broth, garlic, black pepper, and rosemary) and stir to combine, making sure to break up any bits and pieces left in the pan from cooking the chicken to combine those into the sauce as well.
- Stirring occasionally, let the sauce simmer and reduce for about 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken back to the pan and ladle the sauce over it. Allow it to warm in the simmering sauce for 1 min.
- Remove the pan with the chicken and creamy rosemary sauce from the heat and serve over pasta, rice, zoodles, or cauliflower rice! Optional: Top with a few sprigs of fresh rosemary for garnish.