Air Fryer Oreos are an indulgent treat that are super simple to make, and a great first time Air Fryer recipe or Air Fryer recipe to make with kids!
Apparently even Dax Shepard and Kristen Bell love Air Fried Oreos, which somehow makes me feel a little better about this guilty indulgence. That whole "Celebrities are people, too" thing, or something like that.
How to make deep fried oreos in the air fryer
It's a super straightforward process:
- Wrap the oreos with crescent dough
- Air Fry the oreos
- Optionally dust with powdered sugar
The hardest part is wrapping the Oreos with the crescent dough, but I've got pictures to help you every step of the way, with instructions describing each step in the caption of the photo.
How to Air Fry Oreos
Place the crescent dough covered Oreos seam side down in a single layer in the Air Fryer, giving at least 1" distance between each Oreo so the air has room to circulate and cook every part of them.
can you fry batter in an air fryer?
I don't recommend it, which is why instead of using a traditional batter like the fried oreos at the Fair, I use crescent dough.
Most batters will splatter around the air fryer creating a mess, or will fall straight through the holes of the cooking surface.
fried oreos recipe
Air Fryer Fried Oreos
- 1 tube crescent rolls make sure to grab the size that makes 8 crescents
- 8 cookies Oreos feel free to mix it up with some of the flavored Oreos
- powdered sugar optional, for dusting and serving
- Preheat the Air Fryer to 320° for at least 5 minutes. ( See Note )
- While the Air Fryer preheats, roll out the crescent rolls. Pinch together any seams to seal. Cut the crescent roll sheet into 8 equal sized squares.
- Place one Oreo in the center of each square of dough. Gently fold the dough over the Oreo, pressing it together to seal. Reference the photos above in the post for step by step visuals.
- Place the wrapped Oreos seams side down in the preheated Air Fryer basket. Air Fry for 6 minutes, or until the Oreos are golden brown.Each Air Fryer is slightly different! Look for the golden brown color. If you open the basket and the Oreos are not golden brown, put them back in and cook for another 2 minutes and check again. Repeat until they are golden brown.