Marshmallow treats with cereal are just about the best thing in the world, so this week, let's make them even better by adding BOOZE. Sorry kids, these are for adults only!
I'll admit - although the end recipe is easy, the recipe testing was fussier than I liked on these. The Bailey's turned the cereal soft quickly. My normal amount of marshmallows wasn't enough. The marshmallows that come with the cereal melt QUICKLY!
But never fear. I got us there. I did all the hard work for you, so you can relax and have an ooey, gooey, Bailey's Lucky Charms Marshmallow Treat.
By the way, this is not my first dip into the world of creative Rice Krispie treats. If you love birthday cake flavor, you've GOT to check out my Cake Batter Rice Krispie Treats.
I've also got some other fun alcoholic St Patrick's Day recipes, like a Frozen Irish Coffee!
Oh, and don't forget to sign up for my email list! [oih_opt_in id="3"]
Bailey's Lucky Charm Treats
- 6 cups lucky charms
- 4 T butter
- ⅓ cup baileys
- 1 bag mini marshmallows 1 ½ cups set aside
- Grease an 8x11 pan.
- Melt butter in a large heavy bottomed pot.
- Add the Bailey's and stir it into the melted butter.
- Add the marshmallows. Stir to coat them in the melted butter/Irish Cream mixture. Stir over medium-low heat until the marshmallows are melted and smooth. Remove the pot from the heat.
- Add in the Lucky Charms and reserved marshmallows. Stir quickly to combine. Immediately press into greased 8x11 pan. Press down on the top with a greased spatula to flatten and smooth out.
- Allow to cool, then cut and serve!
Please share your thoughts on this recipe!