Last Updated on
Look, I’ll eat a shady french onion dip with the best of ’em, but sometimes I like to class it up a little, and nothing says “classy” quite like a whipped feta dip, drizzled with fabulous local honey, and the spice of a freshly cracked black pepper.
Put your potato chips away, this is snacking for grownups.
I call this a whipped feta dip, but really it’s absolutely divine on a baguette with fresh roasted veggies or grilled meat. You can serve it as a spread or dip with pita, as I have pictured, but you can also serve with lightly blanched or raw veggies ( some heirloom carrots would be divine! )
I love including whipped feta dip in with some party foods when we are entertaining, or having it as part of dinner, with some roasted curry veggies, skewers of grilled meat, and cut up fruit, all set out in front of us to pick at over some wine.
Much to my husband’s horror, I’m a big believer that dinner doesn’t always have to be as traditional as a plate with meat, starch, and vegetable all side-by-side. Sometimes I like to shake it up.
Or in this case, dip it up.
- 1/2 cup ricotta
- 4 ounces feta crumbled
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup good quality local honey
- 1 teaspoon cracked pepper
- 1 Tablespoon sliced green onions or chives
- Blend the ricotta, feta, and olive oil together in a food processor until smooth.
- Spread on a plate, pressing the center down to make a well. Fill the well with honey. Top with cracked pepper and green onions.
- Serve with pita bread or blanched carrots.