This week I’m making a one-pan wonder: an oven roasted pork tenderloin with mushrooms that is easy enough for a weeknight, fancy enough for company, only requires 4 ingredients ( other than pantry staples like salt ), and is on your table in about 30 minutes.
In case you haven’t noticed, I’ve been all about those Weeknight Warriors recently. You know — the dishes that keep you going through the week, don’t sacrifice on flavor, and generally speaking, are fairly healthy. Roasting pork tenderloin in the oven is one of the absolute easiest ways to get dinner on the table with minimal fuss and is my new favorite method to make a weeknight dinner that I did’t really feel like cooking happen. I think after you try this recipe it will be yours, too.
Here’s the thing — I know there are a ton of quick weeknight dinner recipes out there. They just always feel so …. not me. I’m not opposed to a shortcut here or there ( bought those mushrooms pre-sliced y’all ), but I like to keep it fairly natural. So many weeknight recipes end up having ingredients like “a packet of ranch mix” or “cover in bottled salad dressing”, and they never end up tasting homemade. If I go through the trouble of cooking, I want the food to taste like I made it, not some food conglomerate.
Oh, but I still want it to be easy. Super easy. “I barely put effort into this” easy… with the flavor of a “I thought about this incessantly before company came over for dinner” flavor.
Not such a small feat. But guys, I’m determined. I’m determined to find those meals. I know they are out there, and as I find them, so will you, so make sure to check back regularly ( or sign up for my email list in the sidebar of this site ) to get more weeknight recipes. I recently shared my Spinach Stuffed Shells ( another great weeknight dinner favorite ), and I hope to have a ton more weeknight recipes in the coming weeks, along with a few cocktails just for good measure.
- 1 lb pork tenderloin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons dry thyme
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- ⅓ cup white wine to pan
- ⅓ cup chicken broth, stir up bits from pan.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Rinse the tenderloin under cool water, and pat dry. Rub the salt, pepper, and thyme onto all sides of the tenderloin.
- Add the olive oil to an oven-safe pan over medium-high heat. Let's consider this round cut of meat to have 3 "sides". Cook each side for 2½ minutes.
- Add the sliced mushrooms to the pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Remove the pan from the oven, and add the white wine and broth directly to the pan with the mushrooms and tenderloin still in it. Stir up any cooked-on bits from the pan, to make a quick, light sauce.