Salty, rich, and yet still technically a vegetable, these oven roasted Brussels sprouts with garlic parmesan bread crumbs are going to be your new dinner side dish recipe obsession.
I've always loved a good, basic parmesan roasted Brussels sprout. But since it's the time of year when everything gets a little extra, even the food, I thought I'd crunch this vegetable up with the crisp of breadcrumbs. Breadcrumbs turn this veggie in to a delightfully hearty dish that tastes ever so sinful.
Don't let these tiny little guys intimidate you. You DO need to trim them, but it's super easy.
First things first though -
Do I need to wash Brussels sprouts before roasting?
Yep, ya sure do. Just give them a quick rinse under some running water before carrying on. This will remove any debris that may have been picked up before the sprouts got to your kitchen.
How to trim Brussels sprouts
- Remove any outer leaves from each sprout that looks mangled or otherwise thicker/tougher than the rest.
- Slice a thin portion of the base of the sprout off
I'd love to know if you tried this crispy garlic parmesan Brussels Sprouts recipe! Leave me a rating and/ or a comment telling me what you thought!
Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Garlic Parmesan Bread Crumbs
- 1 lb Brussels sprouts trimmed and cut in half
- ¼ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- ¼ cup bread crumbs
- ½ cup grated Parmesan Cheese
- Preheat the oven to 425° F. Grease a sheet pan or line it with parchment paper.In a large bowl, toss all of the ingredients together.
- Scatter the coated Brussels sprouts on the prepared pan, cut sides down, pressing extra of the breadcrumb/olive oil/spice mixture into the sprouts as you go.
- Bake for 17 minutes. Flip, then bake for another 8 minutes.