This healthy sheet pan dinner is about to make your Fall weeknight dinner route a breeze. Sticky sweet, tangy, juice Maple Dijon Chicken cooked with Brussels Sprouts and Squash is a complete whole-ingredient meal that makes for delicious leftovers, too!
If you've been nervous about baking chicken thighs in the oven in the past, this recipe is a great way to get your feet wet. This Maple Dijon Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner lets the oven do all the work for you, including creating a light sauce for the vegetables and chicken that can be spooned over everything once it cooks.
The combination of maple and dijon makes this chicken sheet pan dinner both sweet and tangy, plus keeps the calories low.
To get a crispy skin on the chicken thighs, don't forget to broil them on high for just a minute or two until you get a nice crisp. The maple will make the skin burn quicker than you might expect, so watch them like a hawk under that burner!
If you like this recipe for baked chicken and vegetables in the oven...
you might also love these other oven baked chicken recipes:
- Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breasts ( my NUMBER ONE RECIPE on the blog! )
- Crispy Oven Fried Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts ( only three basic ingredients )
- BBQ Chicken Thighs in the Oven
Maple Dijon Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner
- 4 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- ½ lb brussels sprouts trimmed and halved
- ¾ lb butternut squash cubed
- ¼ cup Dijon Mustard
- ½ cup Maple Syrup
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. In a large bowl, stir together all ingredients for the marinade.
- Add the chicken thighs to the marinade and toss to thoroughly coat them. Let sit in the marinade for 30 minutes.
- Remove the chicken thighs from the marinade and place a few inches apart on a large sheet pan with raised edges.
- Toss the Brussels sprouts and butternut squash in the remaining marinade.
- Scatter the coated veggies around the chicken thighs on the pan and place the pan in the preheated oven. Bake for 40 minutes.
- Turn the oven on to Broil, and broil until the tops of the chicken brown ( about 2 - 5 minutes but watch carefully as the maple can cause the chicken to go from brown to black quickly! )
[…] Maple Dijon Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner […]