Last Updated on
Three ingredients are all that stand between you and the BEST buttery, flakey, crispy, salty, crunchy my-diet-starts-tomorrow Everything Puff Pastry Breadsticks.
What can you have for breakfast, impress you friends with as a fancy appetizer, soak up fancy wine with at your next tasting, or toss on the table in a pile to signify that more food is coming?
Why, breadsticks, of course!
Uh, but you might not want to put these directly on the table. They can get a little ... shed-y ... between the seasoning and the flaky puff pastry.
SO worth it though. They are SO GOOD you won't care that you might have to sweep up poppy seeds after your guests leave.
If you've never played around with frozen puff pastry -- I highly recommend you give it a whirl. It looks absolutely gorgeous once it's cooked up, and browns nicely without any sort of egg wash or milk ( Behold, the power of butter! ).
In fact, I have found there is pretty much nothing puff pastry can't do. It's a great way to fancy up some pigs in a blanket, bake a brie, or as an accompaniment to your favorite spread or dip.
Everything Puff Pastry Breadsticks
- 2 Puff Pastry Sheets left out on the counter for at least an hour
- 2 Tablespoons Butter melted
- 3 Tablespoons Everything Spice Mix
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line two sheet pans with parchment paper.
- Flatten Puff Pastry Sheets and spread butter on the top of each sheet.
- Sprinkle the Everything Bagel Spice Mix on top of the sheet and gently press the mix into the sheet.
- Using a large knife or a pizza cutter, cut each sheet into 10 strips.
- Gently twist each strip, and press the ends gently into the pan.
- Bake for 16 - 18 minutes, or until each breadstick is golden brown and there are no "clear" looking parts of the puff pastry remaining.