This post is in partnership with Filippo Berio Olive Oil. All opinions are my own, and y’all know I only work with brands I love and use in my own home.
Welcome to my new favorite weeknight warrior of a recipe: Lemon Olive Chicken Breasts served over a little fresh pasta tossed with parsley. Oh, and my new favorite hot-weather entertaining recipe, too.
It’s no secret that I love boneless, skinless chicken breasts. Some of my favorite ( and most popular! ) recipes center around this lean protein staple — I’m lookin’ at you Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breasts and Oven Roasted Crispy Chicken.
Yeah, that’s right. Boneless, skinless chicken breasts are a STAPLE in my house. I think we usually all consider staples to be things like flour, sugar, rice, and other pantry-stable items, but seriously, I have boneless skinless chicken in my house at ALL times. You just never know when you’re going to need to whip up a chicken dinner.
Actually, I keep ALL of the ingredients for this lemon olive chicken recipe at my house at all times: olives for my husband to snack on, thyme ( the only herb I haven’t killed in my garden ), garlic, chicken broth, fresh lemons for literally everything, and good quality olive oil like the Filippo Berio Robusto, which is full of flavor and has an amazing deep but bright green color that just screams “IMMA BE DELICIOUS”.
I’ve always been a believer in a well-stocked kitchen. A well-stocked kitchen means freedom. It means coming home and having this amazing dinner without having to drop by the grocery store on the way home from the office at the height of rush hour. It means enjoying a luscious, silky, briny sauce on my pasta instead of fighting off the urge to order something horrific like pizza.
It means feeling like I’m eating at a fabulous Italian Restaurant on a Tuesday night, except I’m in the comfort of my stretchy pants and enjoying a glass of wine that wasn’t marked up 300%.
Oh, but if you want to do one better than feeling like your in an Italian Restaurant, like say … you’re actually IN Italy … head over to the Following Filippo Website and enter to win a trip to the Toscana Saporita Cooking School in Tuscany, just a few miles from Lucca, Italy – the birthplace of Filippo Berio Olive Oil. swoon.
Lemon Olive Chicken Breasts
- 3 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts ( approximately 1.3 lbs total weight )
- 1/3 lb Pitted Castelvetrano Olives halved
- 3 cloves Garlic minced
- 2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 1 teaspoon Fresh Thyme Leaves
- 2 cups Low-Sodium Chicken Broth
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Pepper
- 1/4 Cup Filippo Berio Robusto Olive Oil
- Pecorino Romano Cheese for serving optional
- Pound chicken to 1/2" thickness. Pat dry and season with salt and pepper.
- In a large pan over medium heat, add Filippo Berio Robusto Olive Oil. Place each seasoned chicken breast top down in the pan and cook for 6 minutes without disturbing or moving it ( this is what will give it a lovely crispiness ).
- Flip each chicken breast over, and add the garlic, thyme, and olives to the pan. Cook for two minutes, stirring regularly to make sure the garlic does not burn.
- Add the chicken broth and lemon juice. Simmer until the chicken broth / olive oil in the pan has reduced by half ( about 8 minutes, depending on the size and depth of your pan ).
- Serve over rice or pasta, with a hearty pile of pecorino romano cheese on the table for topping if you have cheese lovers in the house.