Last Updated on
For years I've been obsessed with Whole Foods Broccoli Crunch Salad, so I finally decided it was time to stop paying $10/lb for it and make it at home. This version is a perfect copycat of the natural grocery store's recipe, complete with crisp bacon and sunflower seeds.
I suppose this is supposed to be a side dish, but I eat it all the time on its own for lunch. The perfect combination of salty, crunchy, creamy, and sweet, this "salad" hits all the right craving spots.
It's also one of the VERY rare salads that is so much better if you make it ahead and let it sit! The flavors meld together and it softens the broccoli juuuuust enough.
But don't let that stop you from making it and eating immediately. I just want to make sure you know your options here.
Once you make it, this broccoli salad recipe can be kept in a tightly closed container for up to six days in the fridge. Just make sure you give it a good stir before serving.
Other side dish recipes you might like:
Crunchy Broccoli Salad with Bacon
- 1 head fresh broccoli cut into florets
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoons cider vinegar
- 5 strips thick cut bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup roasted and salted sunflower seeds
- 1/3 cup diced red onion
- In a large bowl, toss all ingredients together.
- Serve immediately or let sit overnight and serve the next day, chilled.