Lemon Olive Chicken Breasts
Saucy, tender, lemony chicken with the salty brine of olives and a deliciously light but robust olive oil sauce
Servings: 3 servings
- 3 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts ( approximately 1.3 lbs total weight )
- 1/3 lb Pitted Castelvetrano Olives halved
- 3 cloves Garlic minced
- 2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 1 teaspoon Fresh Thyme Leaves
- 2 cups Low-Sodium Chicken Broth
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Pepper
- 1/4 Cup Filippo Berio Robusto Olive Oil
- Pecorino Romano Cheese for serving optional
Pound chicken to 1/2" thickness. Pat dry and season with salt and pepper.
In a large pan over medium heat, add Filippo Berio Robusto Olive Oil. Place each seasoned chicken breast top down in the pan and cook for 6 minutes without disturbing or moving it ( this is what will give it a lovely crispiness ).
Flip each chicken breast over, and add the garlic, thyme, and olives to the pan. Cook for two minutes, stirring regularly to make sure the garlic does not burn.
Add the chicken broth and lemon juice. Simmer until the chicken broth / olive oil in the pan has reduced by half ( about 8 minutes, depending on the size and depth of your pan ).
Serve over rice or pasta, with a hearty pile of pecorino romano cheese on the table for topping if you have cheese lovers in the house.