A healthy and hearty chilled broccolini salad with a lemony vinaigrette and white beans.
Servings: 4 servings
- 2 bunches of broccolini bottom ⅓ of ends trimmed and extra large stems cut in half lengthwise
- 1 15 oz can of cannellini beans drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup finely sliced red onion
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic minced
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ⅓ cup toasted sliced almonds
In a medium bowl, combine the beans, red onion, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt, and pepper and toss to combine. Refrigerate while making the rest of the salad.
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the broccolini and boil for 2 - 3 minutes. Immediately drain the broccolini and add to a large bowl full of ice water. This will keep the broccoli beautiful and bright green, and stop the cooking process so they do not get mushy.
Remove the broccolini from the ice bath and pat dry. Place on a large serving platter. Spoon the marinated bean mixture over the broccolini. Drizzle any dressing remaining in the bowl on top of the broccolini. Sprinkle with almonds. Serve as is or make in advance and serve chilled.