Pimento Cheese Grits
Super easy Pimento Cheese Grits make an amazing, warming breakfast, or are a delicious dinner side dish with pork chops
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 cup of Stone Ground Grits
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 4 cups Water
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- ½ teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 5 ounce block Sharp Cheddar Cheese shredded
- 2 heaping Tablespoons of Chopped Pimentos drained
- ½ Tablespoon Juice from Pimento Jar
- a Pinch scant ⅛th teaspoon Red Chili Flakes
In a heavy-bottomed sauce pan, add the salt to the water and bring to a boil.
Add the grits, reduce heat to low, stir thoroughly, and cover.
Cook for 18 - 20 minutes on low, covered.
Add butter, black pepper, cheese, pimentos, pimento juice, and chili flakes and stir to combine.