Pickled shrimp are cooked shrimp in fresh, bright marinade and make a delicious appetizer or snack.
Servings: 10 appetizer servings
- 1 1/2 lb Shrimp peeled and deveined, tails on.
- 6 Cups Water
- 1/2 Cup Cider Vinegar
- 2 Thinly Sliced Lemons
- 1/4 cup Canola Oil
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 Tablespoon capers straight from the jar ( i.e. don’t drain off the juice )
- 1/2 Red Onion sliced thinly
- 3 Bay Leaves
- 1/4 Cup Loosely Packed Parsley Leaves chopped
Bring the water to a boil. Add the shrimp, and cook for approximately 3-4 minutes ( or until shrimp turn pink and are cooked through ).
Drain the water from the shrimp and rinse the shrimp with cold water.
In a large bowl, mix the remaining ingredients to make the marinade. Add the shrimp and toss to coat.
Add the marinating shrimp to a large, glass jar ( or several jars, depending on the size of your jars ), cover, and chill for at least three hours to let the flavors meld.
Serve with toothpicks or let people grab the shrimp by the tail. Refrigerated pickled shrimp will last in the fridge for up to a week.