Lemony Lima Bean Summer Salad
Servings: 4 side servings
- 2 cups fresh lima beans or 1 10 oz package of frozen lima beans , cooked & chilled
- Juice from one large lemon ~ 1/4 cup
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons basil chiffonade
- Fresh cracked pepper to taste
- Coarse Salt to taste
- 2 Tablespoons Pecorino Romano freshly grated
In a small bowl, begin whisking the lemon juice. As you continue whisking, slowly drizzle in the olive oil to create an emulsion. ( Emulsion is just a fancy word for "everything is combined and there are no weird globs of oil free-floating in the mixture ").
Add the pepper and salt to the mixture, whisk to combine.
Add the basil and chilled lima beans, and toss lightly to combine. If you beat up the basil too much it will bruise and look sad, which is exactly what I did. You don't want to serve bruised basil to guests. So embarrassing.
Top with Pecorino Romano cheese and a twist of lemon, if you're feeling fancy.