Sausage, Zucchini, and White Beans
A low cost meal that deliciously feeds a crowd.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time13 mins
Total Time18 mins
Servings: 8 servings
- 2 15.5 oz cans Harris Teeter Cannellini Beans
- 2 links HT Italian Sausage casing removed
- 2 Zucchini thinly sliced into half-moons
- 1 Tablespoon Water or White Wine, if you have some on hand
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Parmesan
- 3 cloves Garlic minced
- 1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper Flakes optional
In a large pan set over medium high heat, add the sausage links with the casings removed. Break up the sausage in the pan and brown until you have cooked sausage crumbles, about 6 minutes.
Add the zucchini slices, 1 Tablespoon water or white wine, and salt. Cook for 4 minutes or until zucchini just starts to soften.
Add the garlic and olive oil to the pan and cook for 1 minute, stirring frequently.
Add the white beans to the pan and cook for 2 more minutes, stirring occasionally.
Serve with toast brushed with olive oil.