Last Updated on
Comin' at you hot with another awesome leftover turkey recipe today: Quesadillas made with sliced brie, leftover cranberry sauce, and leftover turkey breast.
I'm a HUGE fan of a quesadilla. It's like a little portable snack or meal that's warm and gooey, but can be held right in your hand.
I think that foods you eat with your hands are almost always more delicious. So are foods that are tiny versions of themselves, but that's a conversation for another day. ( But Cupcakes > Cakes amirite?! )
Of course this turkey quesadilla can actually get a little messy with the cranberry sauce in it, so might want to stock up on napkins or use a fork and knife like the lady / gentleman you are for this one.
Messy is fun too though.
I made these quesadillas with the canned cranberry sauce that has the whole berries in it still. On Thanksgiving, my preference is the smooth stuff ( I know, I know, it looks absolutely horrifying ), but I often buy the chunky stuff too because I know a lot of people prefer that.
What I don't do is make it. Some things are just supposed to be so bad they are good.
Canned cranberry sauce is one of those things.
Maybe I also buy the whole berry cranberry sauce because it's more fun to make leftover things with, too. The smooth stuff would slide right out of this leftovers quesadilla, but the chunky sauce has a little more sticking power.
Other Thanksgiving Leftover Recipes You Might Enjoy:
Turkey Brie Cranberry Quesadilla
- 3 large tortillas burrito sized
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 6 ounces brie cheese sliced
- 1 cup leftover turkey shredded/chopped
- 1/3 cup cranberry sauce whole berry/chunky style
- In a large pan over medium heat, melt 1 Tablespoon of the butter.Place a tortilla in the pan. On 1/2 of the tortilla place a layer of brie, followed by 1/3 cup of turkey, and two heaping tablespoons of cranberry sauce.
- Watch the pan until the brie melts (about 2 minutes ), then fold the un-topped side of the tortilla over the topped side.Carefully flip the quesadilla and and cook for another two minutes.Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make 3 quesadillas.