Last Updated on
- 1/4 cup Salted Peanuts for decorating Optional Today is not a day for restraint, or dieting, or even my usual "as natural as possible" food. Today, we're making one of my favorite versions of my absolute favorite indulgence : cheesecake. And not just any cheesecake: a Snickers Cheesecake.
When served cooled from the oven, it's soft and creamy, but my preferred way to serve it is after you've chilled the cheesecake overnight, making it more of a New York Style cheesecake -- my favoritttttte.
Wait, you can make cheesecake without a water bath?!
Yep, you sure can. And yep, your cheesecake may crack, but it's okay because you can douse it in caramel sauce and nuts and more Snickers and more caramel and more nuts and ... well, you get the idea.
The toppings on this cheesecake are completely optional, but they do add a ton of "Wow" factor, AND make the entire baking process significantly less stressful by removing any worry of a cracked top.
Low-stress cheesecake is where it's at, people. You can preach water baths all you want, and I am a believer of them, too, but sometimes you just don't want the FUSS of all of that.
And who doesn't love something covered in caramel? Dousing in caramel makes everything okay.
Speaking of fuss - the crust is worth it. I'm usually pro-store-bought crust. But in this case...
Make the Oreo Crust.
It's so rich and decadent and really takes this recipe over the top.
So let loose, make a Snickers Cheesecake, and don't stress at all if it cracks. Because caramel. And Snickers bars.
It's all going to be okay. I promise!
By the way, a springform pan is pretty much necessary when making this decadent candy bar cheesecake. Here is my favorite one - it's a great price, and has been a workhorse in my kitchen for almost a decade. If you decide to buy, I make a tiny commission that helps me keep the lights on ( at no extra cost to you! ):
Other Chocolatey Dessert Recipes you might love:
- Browned Butter Toffee Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- Salted Nutella Brownies ( THE BEST Brownies!!! )
- Chocolate White Russian
- 24 Oreos regular "stuff", not Double Stuff
- 5 tablespoons Butter melted
- 32 ounces Cream Cheese softened
- 1 1/4 cup White Sugar
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- 20 Mini Snickers each one cut into 8 pieces (yes they will be tiny! Freezing first makes it super easy though! )
- 3 Eggs
- 1 cup packed Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Half and Half
- 4 Tablespoons Butter
- extra Mini Snickers for decorating Optional
- 1/4 cup Salted Peanuts for decorating Optional
- Springform Pan
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a food processor, process the Oreos ( filling and all ) until they are completely crushed.
- Mix in the melted butter ( I do this in the food processor -- Just pour the butter in and process for a few more pulses until the butter is completely combined ).
- Press into a greased, 9” Spring Form pan with at least 3" high sides ( this is taller than standard!!!! )
- Bake for 8 minutes.
- In a heavy-duty mixer, mix cream cheese, white sugar, and sour cream until combined and smooth.
- Mix in the three eggs until just combined.
- Fold in the chopped up Mini Snickers.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour. Turn oven off. Let sit for two hours in the oven.
- To Make the Caramel Topping ( Optional ) : In a heavy-bottomed pan set to medium heat, whisk the brown sugar, half and half, and butter until the butter melts and the entire mixture starts to foam. Slowly whisk the mixture for 3 - 5 minutes, until it thickens slightly.