Last Updated on
Happy Halloween, y’all! I made a little treat for my team at work this morning, and thought I’d take a second to show you how easy it is to throw together something fun for Halloween for a crowd.
- 3 packages breakfast sausage links raw
- 3 tubes pre-made crescent dough
- 1 egg optional
- Preheat the oven to 425
- Cut the crescent dough into strips that are around 1/8th of an inch wide. Don't worry about pressing together the seams before you do this, because the mummies look better when there are little ends of dough poking out.
- For each sausage, take two strips of dough and flatten and stretch them out until the strips are at least 50% longer than they were originally. Wrap the strips around the sausage, one at a time, making sure to overlap the strips to create the "mummy" look. Use your finger to wedge a space near the top of the wrapped sausage for the mummy's "face".
- Once all sausages are wrapped with dough, whisk the egg in a small bowl, and then brush each mummy with the egg. This step is optional, but it gives a nice, brown sheen to your mummies.
- Bake at 425 for 16 minutes, serve warm.