Never buy pickled jalapenos again - this easy quick pickled jalapeno recipe can be ready to go in 15 minutes!
What do you do with pickled jalapenos?
They are a great topper for chili, hot dogs, soups, nachos, mixed into dips, and even as a topper for sweet potatoes with cheese and sour cream!
Do pickled jalapenos need to be refrigerated?
Quick pickled jalapenos should be refrigerated as soon as they are jarred. However, commercial or canned pickled jalapenos do not need to be put in the fridge until they are opened.
Does pickling jalapenos make them less hot?
Not on its own. However, sugar can be added to the pickling mixture to help tame the heat, and this is a technique many commercial producers mean. I include a small amount of sugar in my recipe for this very reason, but you can add more if your peppers are particularly firy, and need taming.
- 2 cups of sliced fresh jalapeño peppers ( approximately 6 - 8 large jalapeños )
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup white distilled vinegar
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 cloves garlic crushed
- 2 carrots peeled and sliced ( Optional )
- Combine the water, vinegar, sugar, salt, oregano, and garlic in a medium to small pot, and bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve the sugar and salt.
- Add the jalapeños and carrots ( if using ), stir to coat, and remove from heat.
- To store, put the jalapeños and carrots in a clean, glass 16 ounce jar, and cover with the liquid remaining in the pan.
Leticia Mendoza says
I was wondering if i like the jalapenos hot and spicy, can i leave the sugar out? Thank you letti
I’ve never left the sugar out entirely, but yes I think you could do that with success to keep more of that fabulous heat