This orange and soy glazed salmon with a pecan topping is my new weeknight dinnertime obsession. Four ingredients are all that stand between you and a fancy salmon dinner recipe that is totally company-worthy, but also really, really delicious the next day when leftover and cold as a protein topper for your favorite lunchtime salad.
The secret to this easy salmon recipe is using orange marmalade. And don't even bother with the fancy kind. Just get whatever's around at your local store and watch as you combine orange and soy sauce with salmon to make magic!
If you don't eat soy, this is just as good with a substitute like Amino Acide, too.
What really takes this orange baked salmon recipe over the top is the pecan glaze. Simply simmer the marmalade and soy until it reduces into a sauce, then mix it with the nuts, and pour on top of the cooked glazed salmon.
The texture from the pecans are just perfect with the tender fish.
You can also substitute the pecans for other nuts - slivered almonds, chopped hazelnuts, and walnuts would all be wonderful as well.
Some of my other favorite salmon recipes:
- 1 cup orange marmalade
- ½ cup low sodium soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¾ cup chopped pecans
- 4 filets salmon 6 ounces each
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Combine all ingredients except for the nuts and salmon in a large bowl.
- Pour half of the mixture into a container with the salmon and marinate for 30 minutes. Discard the marinade.
- Pour the other half of the mixture into a small sauce pan set over medium high heat and bring to a boil. Stirring frequently, reduce the mixture until it thickens into a glaze but is still pourable. This will take about 5 - 8 minutes. Stir in the nuts.
- Place the salmon on a foil lined pan. Baked for 15 - 20 minutes, or until salmon flakes easily with a fork.
- Pour the reduced sauce with nuts over the cooked salmon and serve.
This is VERY good! The only thing I did a little different was toast the pecans. The glaze is so good I might make a little more next time. There WILL be a next time!
Jill Moon says
Oh, wow! This salmon is delicious! You should try it and it's easy to fix and very little prep time.