A deliciously balanced, dangerously boozy limoncello cocktail recipe: the Limoncello Lemon Drop. This cocktail is the slightly more grown up version of what you drank in the early 2000s, with all the familiar flavors of that old school favorite.
Why make a lemon drop martini with limoncello?
The limoncello adds a balance to the classic version of this cocktail without sacrificing any of its signature citrus flavor. Plus, Iimoncello can hang out in your cabinet essentially forever, just waiting to be used at a moments notice!
Now that I've starting making this lemon drop martini recipe with limoncello, I'll never make it the old way without it again.
What kind of limoncello is good for cocktails?
Depending on the breadth of selection at your local liquor vendor, you may have many options, or only one. Some brands I've used and enjoyed in the past include:
- Il Tramanto
Make sure you go with one that is more clear looking and NOT creamy looking and you should be good.
You can of course, make your limoncello from scratch! I've linked to my recipe for that above the recipe below.
If you like this limoncello martini recipe, you might also like these lemon cocktails:
Limoncello Lemon Drop ( Limoncello Cocktail )
- 2 ounces limoncello
- 1 ounce vodka
- ½ ounce fresh squeezed lemon juice
- ice enough to fill cocktail shaker ⅔ up
- lemon slice
- ¼ cup sugar for rim
- Pour a thin layer of sugar onto a small plate ( just larger than the rim of your martini glass.) I use a bread plate and about ¼ cup of sugar.
- Prepare martini glass by lightly rubbing the rim with the fleshy wet part of a cut lemon to dampen it, then dip the moistened rim of the glass into the sugar, gently shaking off any excess.
- Combine all ingredients except for sugar in a cocktail shaker and shake vigorously.
- Strain into the prepared martini glass. Garnish with a slice of lemon and serve immediately.
[…] period has ended, it should be infused for a longer period of time. Here’s how to make a fantastic homemade limon cello cocktail. Would you like to learn how to play the limoncello behind the bar professionally? Here is where […]
[…] follow this Crostini 8 Ways recipe and have a display of colors. Pair it with a refreshing Limoncello Lemon Drop or if you want to relax the zero-proof way, try out this Italian Strawberry Basil […]
[…] 1. Лимонная капля «Лимончелло […]
[…] 7. Лимонная капля […]