One of my favorite champagne cocktails ever: the Kir Royale. Although traditionally made with creme de cassis, I prefer a Kir Royale with Chambord and a good quality cocktail cherry for garnish. With it's beautiful rosy color ( which can be make darker by adding even more liqueur ), this cocktail makes a great, classy Halloween Cocktail without any gore or grossness!
Is Chambord the same as Creme de Cassis?
Nope! Although Creme de Cassis is the traditional liqueur for a Kir Royale, over the year I ( and many, many others ) have come to the conclusion that Chambord cocktails are delicious, and that the Kir Royale is better off being one of them! In particular, I find Creme de Cassis just doesn't have the same rich, deep flavor as Chambord.
What does a Kir Royale taste like?
When made with a crisp Champagne or Prosecco and Chambord, a Kir Royale is a fruity glass of bubbles that nearly any palette will love.
What is the Proper Kir Royale Pronunciation?
You know you want it, but how do you ORDER??? It's not as scary as it looks: Kir Royale -> sounds like "keer roy-Al".
What is in a Kir Royale?
The Kir Royale ingredients are SO simple: Champagne ( or Prosecco ) and Chambord. Not only is this cocktail delicious, it's STUPID SIMPLE to make. Win, win.
Honestly, it's so simple that it almost seems silly to even post a Kir Royale drink recipe, but I do think the proportions need a good starting place. I like a very, very like flavoring in my Kir Royale, and my recipe reflects that. However, feel free to add more Chambord as you feel fit!
You might also like:
- Homemade Maraschino Cherries ( THA BEST )
- Grand Marnier Cranberries ( turn this into a Christmas-y drink! )
- Champagne Primer ( Learn how to pick bubbly you'll love on a budget! )
- 4 oz Sparkling Wine Brut Champagne or Prosecco
- 1 oz Chambord
- 1 cherry bourbon, brandied, or good-quality maraschino ( optional garnish )
- In a Champagne glass, pour 1 ounce of Chambord.
- Carefully ( slowly ) pour 4 ounces of Sparkling Wine on top of the Chambord.
- Top with a cocktail cherry ( optional, garnish )