Chocolate and mint: the perfect combination. What could be better? Oh, I know! Make it boozy.
You may or may not know that I recently moved from Charleston, SC to Atlanta, GA. I gotta say, I'm missing Charleston something fierce.
Atlanta has been wonderful, but there's a certain charm that Charleston has that just can't compete with any other city.
Oh, and the food. The Charleston food scene is out of this world. For such a small city. you'd never expect the amazing things that are happening! But they are!
This cocktail is inspired by a cocktail I had in Charleston. Minty, boozy, frozen ... YUM! A Frozen Grasshopper Cocktail!
Frozen Grasshopper Cocktail
A creamy, minty, chocolately frozen cocktail treat.Print Pin Rate
Servings: 1 cocktail
- 1 ounce creme de menthe make sure to grab the green kind if you want your cocktail to be green! Otherwise you can use a drop or two of food coloring.
- 1 ounce creme de cacao the clear kind, otherwise your cocktail will look murky
- 3 scoops vanilla ice cream ( about ¾ - 1 cup )
- ½ cup ice
- mint leaves optional, garnish
- chocolate bar optional, garnish
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and process until smooth.Garnish with a piece of chocolate and fresh mint leaves.
Tried this recipe?Mention @basilandbubbly or tag #basilandbubbly!
Please share your thoughts on this recipe!