This post has been sponsored by Salemville®. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
In all the hustle and bustle of the Thanksgiving and Christmas season, it's easy to focus on all the cooking. But what about those dishes that require very little cooking at all? Dishes that are easy but elegant. Dishes that won't make you feel like you need a nap after you eat them.
Dishes like this gorgeous Fall Harvest Salad made with Brussels Sprouts, Salemville® Blue Cheese, Pecans, Cranberries, Butternut Squash, and a light Maple Dijon Vinaigrette.
Y'all already know I'm a HUGE cheese person. In particular, I love cheeses that have a rich and creamy texture. Bonus points for being dotted with gorgeous veining like Salemville® blue-veined cheeses! These cheeses are also rich in calcium and contain no preservatives or chemical additives.
I'm always looking for the best way to incorporate vegetables into my Thanksgiving meal and frankly, in the weeks surrounding both Thanksgiving and Christmas.
It seems like it can be a nonstop carb fest, amirite?!
That's why I created this lively Fall Harvest-Inspired Salad. I'll put this on my Thanksgiving dinner table right next to the turkey—a light, crunchy, fresh companion to an otherwise heavy meal.
But I also love making this crispy Fall salad with rich blue cheese at the beginning of the week (yes, even with the dressing on it already!) and turning it into a fall meal-prep lunch that gets me through the workday! I promise, the Brussels sprouts only get better as they sit with the acidic maple dijon dressing and the creamy, piquant blue cheese.
Don't forget to shop at a location where you can easily find the Salemville® Blue Cheese that's the star of the show:
For the Salad:
- 6 cups shredded Brussels Sprouts about 20 ounces
- 3 cups cubed Butternut Squash
- ½ cup dried Cranberries
- ½ cup Halved Pecans
- 3 ounces Salemville® Blue Cheese crumbled into large pieces
For the Dressing:
- ½ cup Light Maple Syrup
- 2 Tablespoons Dijon Mustard
- ½ cup Cider Vinegar
- 1 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste about ½ teaspoon each for us
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Toss the squash in 1 Tablespoon of olive oil. Roast the squash on a sheet pan for 15 minutes. Flip the pieces of squash over on the pan, and roast for another 15 minutes.
- While the squash is roasting, make the salad dressing by combining all ingredients in a mason jar ( or similar vessel with a tight lid ) and shake vigorously.
- While the squash continues to roast, assemble the salad by combining the Brussels sprouts, Salemville® Blue Cheese crumbled into hearty chunks, Pecans, and Dried Cranberries.
- Remove the roasted squash from the oven and add it to the salad. Toss with the dressing while the squash is still warm. This helps soften the shredded Brussels sprouts ever so slightly.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate, covered, for up to 4 days.