Last Updated on
This post is sponsored by BabbleBoxx.com on behalf of Alexia. As always, all opinions are my own.
Baked Nashville Hot Chicken
- 4 bone-in skin-on chicken thighs
- 3 Tablespoons cayenne
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place a greased oven-safe cooling rack on top of a sheet pan. ( Cooking spray is a fine way to grease a cooling rack ).
- Combine all spices in a small bowl. Pat the chicken thighs dry, and then rub half of the spice mixture all over them.
- Place on the prepared cooling rack/sheetpan, and place in the oven. Bake for approximately 50 minutes, or until the skin is crispy and the chicken is cooked through.
- Sprinkle with the dry spice mix as soon as it comes out of the oven, and serve.
For the Prosciutto Sage Chicken, you won’t believe how easy this is! Simply preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Pat the chicken dry, season with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper, and then cook in 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a skillet over medium heat for ten minutes. Flip the thighs over, add four whole sage leaves and four chopped slices of prosciutto to the pan, and bake in the oven for approximately 15 more minutes, or until chicken is done.