Tthis easy baked brie without puff pastry is the perfect appetizer for your next party. It's sweet and salty, creamy and crunchy, plus it can be made in a flash, so no waiting to feed hungry guests who dropped by without warning.
I'm a huge baked brie fan - but there's something about a baked brie with nuts that I really love in particular. The crunch of the toasted nuts along side the ooey, gooey, creamy brie is the perfect marriage of textures.
Plus, I make this baked brie with honey and rosemary mixed into the nuts, so you have that whole sweet and salty thing going on too!
The richness of the baked brie with rosemary added gives it an earthy balance - and let's be honest, reminds me of those delicious honey rosemary mixed nuts that Trader Joe's sells this time of year!
Seriously - if you see those nuts, grab them! They don't hang around for long.
So, how to you make a baked brie without puff pastry?
EASY! Cut off the top of the brie, just enough to expose the cheese underneath. It doesn't need to be perfect.
Top the brie with whatever accoutrements suit you. I chose honey and rosemary covered mixed nuts, but you could also do chopped figs or dates, fresh fruit, bacon crumbles mixed with caramelized onions - the possibilities are endless.
Then you have two options for getting it to ooey, gooey perfection:
Bake it, or microwave it.
That's right: I said "or microwave it."
How to keep baked brie warm?
Baking the brie and serving it in a heavy duty type of dish will keep it warm for up to 15 minutes.
I know, I know. That's not super long.
You can also throw it in the microwave for about 1 minute to give it a quick reheat. Caution: many heavy dishes are NOT microwave safe. Either transfer your brie to reheat or make sure your dish can handle the heat!
If you like this baked brie recipe, you might also like:
Baked Brie with Rosemary Honey Mixed Nuts
- 6 ounce brie wheel
- ¾ cups mixed nuts toasted and salted
- ½ cup honey
- 1.5 Tablespoons minced fresh rosemary
- Mix the nuts, honey, and rosemary together.Cut the top of the brie off to expose the cheese below.
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Place the brie in a heavy oven safe dish and top the brie with the nut mixture.Bake for 15 minutes, or until the brie has started to melt.
- Place the brie in a microwave safe dish. Top the brie with the nut mixture.Microwave for 1 minute to 1 ½ minutes, or until the nuts start to sink into the brie ( indicating the cheese has melted )