Have you ever wondered how to make a beautiful long image for Pinterest? It’s SUPER easy, and I’m going to show you how to do it, step-by-step, in under FIVE MINUTES by creating a PicMonkey collage, for FREE.
I’m super excited. Can you tell??
Okay. Let’s do this.
- Go to PicMonkey.com. Hover over “Collage”, and click “Computer” to open your files. Choose the pictures you wish to upload from your file system ( or just choose one file — you can add more later if you’d like ). Click “Open”. The files will automatically load into the default collage template.
- On the far left menu, click “Layouts”. Select the “Ducks in a Row” template. The template will update to Ducks in a Row in horizontal format. Underneath the newly uploaded template with your images in it, click the “Rotate clockwise” button to make the template vertical. Then click the “Lock” icon in that same menu to unlock the dimensions of the template. The template is defaulted to 1000 x 3000. Change the 3000 to 2500.
- Click and drag the middle image to the bottom section of the template to move it to that part, leaving the middle section now empty. Hover over the top edge of the bottom image to shrink the middle section. The cursor will change to indicate that you can now move the edge. Drag the edge up until you have shrunk the middle section to whatever size you will need to fit the title of your pin. Your image will automatically adjust to fill the size of the box ( but you can change that if you hover over the image and click Edit. )
- Export the image to the editor for adding text by clicking “Export to Editor” in the menu at the top of the page. Verify you want to do that again by clicking “Export to Editor” in the box that pops up.
- Click on the Text icon on the left menu ( it might have already been opened for you ). Choose the font you’d like to use and click “Add Text”. You can move the text box around, change colors, sizes, and fonts, as well as add multiple text boxes.
- Save your masterpiece and Hide the Image in Your Post!